is located a short 10 minute drive from the airport, between Maho and French Marigot.
This photo is taken from a boat, and
shows the entire complex and the spiral stairs, down to the beach. Both floors of our unit are
framed in yellow in the photo.
unit occupies the fourth floor and the partially covered upper deck. The southwesterly view offers sunsets, but
not the heat of the direct afternoon sun.
early construction photo shows the location of the condo on the beach and the close proximity of the Atlantis Casino and restaurants.
the corner to the right, is the second pool, the spiral staircase down to the beach and the gin clear sea.
photo was taken from inside the cave, on the beach just below the condo. It offers a cool respite from the
sun, while still enjoying the soft white sand between your toes.
Some of our favorite restaurants:
Gondola - Nice Northern Italian, two minute walk.
- Carlo's - Casual Southern
Italian and pizza, two minute walk.
- Bistro Nu - Casual French Bistro, in Marigot.
- Lee's Roadside - Casual fresh seafood and ribs, Simpson Bay.
Bernie's - Casual Pacific Rim in Maho (3 minute drive).
- Mary's Boone - American
and Creole on the beach - great for breakfase, lunch or dinner, but at night the view is not as nice, Simpson Beach.
- Mario's Bistro - Casual French, open air by the sea, Marigot by the draw bridge.
- La Samana - the restaurant at the hotel is pricey, but for lunch, it has the best open air views on the island
and the food is good.
Some links to useful things:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/AVXX0001?from=36hr_topnav_business - 10 day weather channel outlook.
http://www.thescubashop.net/ - The Scuba Shop / Dive Safaris.
http://www.st-maarten.com/ - Official St. Maarten web site (Dutch side).
http://www.stmartinstmaarten.com/ - Web site of the island.
http://www.greencay.com/newsletter/aug04_horseback-riding.html - Horseback riding.
http://www.island-search.com/browse.php?cat=1665 - Island activities.
http://www.scoobidoo.com/ - Catamaran web site.
http://www.voyager-st-barths.com/us/index.php - Voyager island ferry.
http://www.st-martin.org/us/my_trip/how_to_come.php - Island tourism.
http://www.aa.com/content/utility/siteMap/siteMap.jhtml - American Airlines.
http://stmaarten.rentalcarshopper.com/ - Rental cars.
American Airlines has a couple of daily non-stops from Miami. Continental flys direct from Newark, daily.
US Air flys direct from Charlotte, Delta flys from Atlanta and United flys from Chicago.
Some fun things to do:
- Scuba dive with Dive Safaris.
- Race America's Cup 12 meter boats.
- Deep Sea fish with Lee's.
- Spend a day at Orient Beach (you can
never see too many fat, old, naked people).
- Shop on Front Street in Phillipsburgh,
or in Marigot (most places have free beer for the guys).
- Take the Edge
to St. Barts for a day, sit on a secluded beach or shop like you're in Paris, and be sure and keep an eye out for the rich
- Take the Voyager to Anguilla for a day and swim with the dolphins,
or visit one of the increadible white powder beaches.
- Take the Edge to
Saba for a day and enjoy world class Scuba diving, the local charm, hiking and sightseeing.
- Jog down to Mullet Beach, take your shoes off and run at the water's edge.
- Snorkle around the point to Mullet Beach and then walk down the beach and drink a cold beer.
- Spend a day at Mullet Beach - it is just a 2 minute drive and you can rent chairs, and buy great local BBQ and cold
- Take a snorkle curise or sunset cruise on any of a number of power
or sail catamarans.
- Rent jet skis.
horses by the water's edge near Orient Bay.
- Visit the butterfly farm near Orient
- Hike in the French highlands.
a kayak excursion in the bay or out at sea.
- Head down to Long Beach (Bai Longe)
on the French side and walk on the longest beach on the island.
- Visit Red Beach
- Visit Friar's Beach in Gran Cas (one of the prettiest beaches
on the island)
- Take the beach chairs down the spiral staircase and sit
in the mouth of the cave, at the water's edge.
- Visity the Lotere Farm on Pic
Paradi and sit by the awesome pool, zipline and have a great meal.
- Play golf
at Mullet Bay - its just a 3 minute drive.
- Walk down to the Atlantis Casino
and test fate. There are also a number of other great casinos and sports books around the island.
- Head to the Sunset Bar at the end of the runway and watch the planes come right over your head to land. They
also have great sunset views and a party crowd.
- Dance till
the sun comes up, at Bliss or Tantra.
- Have breakfast or lunch at Mary's Boone
and then walk along the beautiful mile long beach.
- Lay in the hammock on the
upper deck and take a nap - you are here to relax you know!
is in Cupecoy Beach (lower left corner).
Oh, so that's
where St. Matin is.